Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Gear Review: Mizuno Wave Enigma 2

 Mizuno Wave Enigma 2

When I finally decided to get my first pair or actual running shoes, I knew I wanted to go to a store that specializes in running shoes. I have ALWAYS had an issue with blisters on the back of my heel. When I made my trip to The Run Shoppe in Cape Coral, Florida I literally spent over an hour trying on different brands of shoes. I first tried a pair of Saucony's. Just walking in the store they were slipping on my heel. The employee showed me how to tie my laces in a heel lock. While that was helpful and did keep my heel from slipping, I was annoyed that I would have to do that every time I put them on. 

Next I put on a pair of Brooks. While they were immediately comfortable, again I had to heel lock my laces. I was beginning to think that it was just my foot and that I would have to do that no matter what shoe I bought. Then, I put on these...

I can honestly say that I wasn't sure how I felt about them when I put them on. The first thing I noticed was that they were VERY light. It really didn't feel like I even had shoes on. I put them on and started to walk around the store and INSTANTLY notice that I didn't have to heel lock the laces! They were the only pair that I tried on out of half of the store that I didn't have to heel lock. When I took them off to take a look, I noticed how tight the back of the shoes sits. Honestly, it was a small miracle for me! 

Heel of the shoe

I took a jog around the parking lot and fell in love. They literally felt like they were designed specifically for my foot! I bought them and took them for a one mile walk the very next day. They really didn't even feel like they needed to be broken in, they felt really good from day one. Two days later I wore them on a three mile run and you would think that I had been running in them for months.

I've now had the shoes for about three weeks and have put 65 miles on them. I have found that they have held up really good so far. Even at the end of a 10 mile run, my feet aren't sore. Overall, I'm extremely happy with the Mizuno Wave Enigma 2. They are the first pair of Mizuno's that I have owned, but I can see myself sticking with this brand in the future if they are all made this well!

No comments:

Post a Comment