Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Product Review: Asics Gel Cumulus 15 Lite-Show

When choosing a shoe for a marathon, comfort is your number one concern. About two months before my marathon I went by Fit2Run in Estero, FL to get fitted for new shoes. The staff suggested a shoe with good cushion to support your foot for 26 miles! I tried on the Asics Gel Cumulus 15 Lite-Show and instantly understood what they were talking about! I felt like I was walking on clouds! The shoe had good support and felt nice and snug around the toe box (I know some people like a roomier toe box, but that makes me feel less stable, and I'm not exactly graceful to begin with...). Took the shoes for a run around the store and they felt great! Took them home and the first run I did in them was a 6 mile training run. My feet felt amazing at the end of the run. I had no issues and no pain. I trained in them up until my marathon, alternating them with my Asics Gel-Kayano 20. I wore the Kayano's for the 8K the day before my marathon and then the Lite-Shows for the actual marathon. My feet honestly felt really good until about mile 23. I started to have some issues with my toes at that point and had a little bit of pain. Overall, after 26.2 miles I ended up with two black big toenails and a very small blister on my left foot. That's way less than I was expecting for a marathon! I would definitely recommend these to anyone looking to do distance running! Only suggestion I have, would be to put moleskin on the inside of the shoe at the toes. This would cover up the seam and keep it from rubbing on your toes for 26 miles. That's a very small complaint for that long of a distance!!


 Asics Gel Cumulus 15 Lite-Show
Mile 10 of the Shamrock Marathon in the Lite-Shows

No comments:

Post a Comment